Friday, 15 July 2016 at 9:30AM
Suffolk Coastal District Council Offices, Melton Hill, Woodbridge, Suffolk IP12 1AU, UK
See below for online booking with credit/debit card and to request an invoice. There are discounted fees for members of the RTPI.
Download full conference programme here
Our thanks to Suffolk Coastal District Council for hosting this conference in their offices.
Details of this event:
"Current Planning Issues and Good Practice" for Councillors/Elected Members
Key speakers have been invited to this Annual Conference to help inform delegates of current issues and good practice. It will be of real importance and value to Councillors/Elected Members relatively new to planning, as well as a refresher and update for longer established members.
This conference should appeal to all Councillors (Parish, Town, District, Unitaries and County) and help them in their planning work. It will provide the opportunity to meet and network with Councillors from across the region facing similar issues and the chance to learn effective methods to enhance planning and control.
Topics to be covered:
- "Review of Recent Changes to Planning Legislation and Guidance"
- "Viability and the Delivery of Affordable Housing"
- "Community Infrastructure Levy and Section 106 Agreements"
- "Devolution and Strategic Planning"
- "Update on Changes to the General Permitted Development Order and Permitted Development Rights"
- "Effective Planning Enforcement"
Discussion periods during the day will enable delegates to ask questions and discuss common issues.