Tuesday, 06 October 2015 at 10:00AM
TCPA, 17 Carlton House Terrace, London, SW1Y 5AS
The Town and Country Planning Association (TCPA) is offering a series of free workshops on planning for sustainable energy in 2015. This is being delivered as part of the European-funded project, Spatial Planning and Energy for Communities in All Landscapes (SPECIAL), which the RTPI is supporting.
How can planners develop a positive strategy to promote decentralised energy?
This free workshop s specifically aimed at local authority officers involved in spatial planning, energy, housing, regeneration and sustainability officers, as well as partners and stakeholders from the private and community organisations, involved in planning and delivering decentralised energy. It builds on the work and support of DECC's Heat Networks Delivery Unit (HNDU) and the Mayor of London's district heating manual.
Topics and materials to include:
- Planning for District Heating (DH) principles
- Planning structures and mechanisms
- Guidance for developers
- Evidence base and feasibility studies
- Masterplanning for DH (an exercise)
Confirmed speakers include:
- Diane Smith and Michael Chang, TCPA
- Hanae Chauvaud de Rochefort, The Association for Decentralised Energy
- Simone Sullivan, London Borough of Haringey
- Ian Manders,UK Policy Advisor - Energy, Royal Danish Embassy
- Richard Halsey, Associate Director - Sustainability, Turley
CPD credits: 5 hours
Click here to find out more and reserve a place (you will be redirected to the TCPA website)
The TCPA is also organising a special site visit to a district heating scheme in York as part of a TCPA Garden Cities and New Towns seminar (click here for more information).