Thursday, 22 October 2015 at 10:00AM
TCPA, 17 Carlton House Terrace, London, SW1Y 5AS
The Town and Country Planning Association (TCPA) is offering a series of free workshops on planning for sustainable energy in 2015. This is being delivered as part of the European-funded project, Spatial Planning and Energy for Communities in All Landscapes (SPECIAL), which the RTPI is supporting.
How can planners help to secure local authority-led or owned energy initiatives?
This free workshop is specifically aimed at local authority officers involved in spatial planning, energy, housing, regeneration and sustainability officers, as well as partners and stakeholders from the private and community organisations, involved in planning and delivering community-scale energy.
Topics and materials to include:
- Policy context and guidance for locally-led sustainable energy project
- Delivery and initiation by community-led groups
- Community engagement process
- Harnessing local benefits for the community
Confirmed speakers include:
- Henry Smith and Michael Chang, TCPA
- Rebecca Lawson, Community Energy Forum
- Alistair Macpherson, Plymouth City Council
- Angie Jukes, Stockport Council
- Richard Halsey, Associate Director - Sustainability, Turley
- Agamemnon Otero, Chief Executive Officer, Repowering London
CPD credits: 5 hours
Click here for full information and bookings (you will be redirected to the TCPA website)