Thursday, 12 March 2015 at 10:00AM
Venue Cymru, Llandudno, Llandudno, Conwy LL30 1BB, UK
For this year's Spring Conference, RTPI Cymru is teaming up with RSCW, Conwy County Borough Council and CREW to deliver a regeneration themed programme.
The Conference, entitled ‘Positive Planning to Deliver Regeneration’, deals with the Welsh Government's planning and regeneration agendas. The ‘Positive Planning’ element makes reference to the Welsh Government’s programme, which also includes the new Planning (Wales) Bill, to enhance the planning system in Wales to enable it to deliver and how this supports the delivery of the Government's Vibrant and Viable Places Regeneration programme, as well as wider regeneration actions.
The Conference is part of the 2015 RTPI President's visit to Wales.
The programme includes:
- Heledd Cressey, Planning Division, Welsh Government
- Professor Robin Hambleton, Urban Answers
- Rob Dix, Conwy County Borough Council
- Jane Jones and Huw Roberts, Snowdonia National Park Authority
- Howard Bowcott, Artist
- Chris Jones, Chris Jones Regeneration
The programme will also include breakout workshops discussing:
- The role of the planning system in the delivery of regeneration
- The challenges to delivering approved regeneration initiatives and projects on time and to cost
- The challenge of achieving a required full range of community outcomes in the preparation and delivery of regeneration programmes / projects
The Conference will be of interest to those working in development management and planning policy, as well as those delivering regeneration services. Non-RTPI members are welcome.