Applying the Principles of Planning
Making Better Decisions for Places
Tuesday, 11 November 2014 at 9:45AM
The Guildhall, Londonderry, Londonderry, Derry BT48 7NN, UK
£25.00 incl. VAT
£20.00 RTPI Members, £5.00 unwaged
Preparing for RPA - The RTPI Councillor Training Programme 2014
This event is the last in a series of RTPI NI events geared towards preparing for RPA and the transfer of planning powers.
The conference will challenge delegates to think about the impact of the decisions they make on people, places and also in the courts. It aims to encourage better and more confident decision making during and after the period of transition.
- Keynote Speech - Mark H Durkan, Environment Minister
- Launch of Planning Horizon Paper Making Better Decisions for Places - Trudi Elliott, RTPI Chief Executive
- Update on Planning Reform - Fiona McCandless, Chief Planner, DOE NI
- Decision Making - John Davies, Former Director, Planning Inspectorate Wales
- Planning Appeals and Judicial Review - Karen Blair, Managing Partner, Cleaver Fulton Rankin Solicitors
- Enforcement Speaker - William Orbinson QC
- Conference Close - Cath Ranson, RTPI President