Thursday, 06 March 2014 at 9:15AM -
Tuesday, 28 January 2014 at 4:30PM
Verity House, 19 Haymarket Yards, Edinburgh, EH12 5BH
£125 +VAT for non-Members
£99 +VAT for RTPI Members
BOOK YOUR PLACE - CLICK HERE!
This year marks the Centenary of the Royal Town Planning Institute, and an opportunity to raise the profile of planning, the RTPI and its membership, and the profession as a whole.
RTPI Scotland is celebrating the Centenary with a programme of events focussing on the theme of 'legacy'. The Scottish Young Planners' Conference 2014 is the first of these events celebrating and learning from the past 100 years of planning, and looking to the future for the profession, with a focus on creating great places for people.
With sustainable economic growth, placemacemaking and design, and delivery of the right development in the right place all at the heart of our current ambitions for planning in Scotland, what are the legacy implications of our present-day decisions shaping the urban and rural areas of the future, and what can we learn from planning and placemaking in the past to shape our current and future decisions?
The Scottish Young Planners' Conference is an opportunity for any planner in the first ten years of their career to hear from leading practitioners, to network with other Young Planners, and discuss and share ideas of shaping the places of the future by learning from the past.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Derek Mackay MSP – Minister for Local Government and Planning
- John McNairney – Chief Planner, Scottish Government
- Professor Greg Lloyd – Head of School of the Built Environment, University of Ulster
- Craig McLaren – RTPI Director of Scotland and Ireland
- Neil McInroy – Chief Executive, Centre for Local Economic Strategies
- Carol Tannahill - Director, Glasgow Centre for Population Health
- Pam Ewen – Manager, TAYPlan Strategic Development Planning Authority
- Ian Angus – Manager, SESPlan Strategic Development Planning Authority
- Stuart Tait – Manager, Glasgow and the Clyde Valley Strategic Development Planning Authority
- David Jennings – Manager, Aberdeen City and Shire Strategic Development Planning Authority
- Hamish Bell – Peter Suttie Award Winner 2013
- Stuart Salter – Chair, SYPN Steering Group
- ...and others to be announced
- RTPI members - £99 + VAT (£118.80)
- Non members - £125 + VAT (£150)
- 10 free student places are being allocated on first come first served basis through Univerisities
- 10 reduced price places for unemployed Licentiates/ Members - £25 + VAT (£30) (places allocated on a first come first served basis)
Ready to book your place? CLICK HERE to book.
The conference is kindly sponsored by:
- Scottish Government
- Geddes Consulting
- Jones Lang LaSalle
- Heads of Planning Scotland