Tuesday, 25 March 2014 at 2:00PM
The Glamorgan Building, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF10 3WT
This afternoon seminar is for conservation officers, planners and interested parties and is chaired by Mike Biddulph.
There will be 4 related presentations with plenty of opportunity for questions:
- Stephen Smith (Swansea CC): ‘Social housing and design quality: the case of Swansea High St.’
- Claire Hamm (Bridgend BC): ‘Townscape Heritage Initiative and the voluntary sector in Bridgend’
- Niall Waller (Flintshire CC): ‘Character and economic development: the case of Mold
- Amanda Spence (DCfW): ‘Recent design review cases of conservation and design quality in North Wales’.
The event programme can be viewed here.
Please book directly with the University for this free event via this webpage: www.cardiff.ac.uk/cplan/events/urban-design-in-wales
The UDN event will be followed at 6pm (until 8pm) by a related School of Planning and Geography Innovation & Engagement event but this must be separately booked: www.cardiff.ac.uk/cplan/events/rtpi
‘Characterisation, Conservation and Community Consultation in Wales’ Chair: John Punter
- Judith Alfrey, (Head of Conservation and Policy, Cadw): ‘ Cadw’s Characterisation Programme and its role in urban regeneration’
- Dr Matthew Griffiths (Director, Civic Trust for Wales): ‘Characterisation, placemaking and community engagement’.
Drinks and nibbles will be available between the two sessions.