Three Rivers District Council covers an area of 88.8sq km in south west Hertfordshire, of which over 70% is designated as Green Belt. It covers a high quality environment with 400 listed buildings and 22 conservation areas. The population comprises some 88,000 spread across 7 main settlements of which Rickmansworth is the largest.
The Development Management Service deals with some 1450 planning applications per year in addition to over 240 Discharge of Condition and Non Material amendment applications. Formal pre application submissions also contribute to Officer caseload. Officers work closely with the Development Plans Service who have progressed the adoption of a Core Strategy, Development Management Policies Local Development Document and Site Allocations Local Development Document in recent years.
Training and development highlights
- Support including day release, study leave and expenses for post graduate training
- Payment of RTPI subscriptions for Students, Licentiates and Chartered Members
- Annual appraisals with identification of training needs
- Active support of CPD through RTPI and other external and internally run courses
- Attendance on the Step Up programme, developed by Three RiversDC and WatfordDC in partnership with Reed Learning, which is an interactive course designed to support people managers in developing their skills, knowledge and confidence
- Acting Up roles to develop staff and secondments to other departments e.g. Development Plans
- Work experience and graduate placements