Barton Willmore is a leading independent planning and design consultancy. From our 12 offices nationwide we combine national influence with local knowledge to offer the very best advice.
We build teams of passionate people. People who are passionate about creating places that are not only commercially viable, but also sustainable, dynamic and progressive. From small country housing developments to city centre skyscrapers, our specialist teams can plan, design and deliver it.
By working alongside each other day-in, day-out, our teams each have a unique 'big picture' perspective, which enables us to provide informed, yet innovative advice and proposals.
As a national practice, we use our size to make a difference. By pushing the standards of legislation, stakeholder engagement and sustainability ever higher, we aim to influence methods of practice and projects, for the good of the property industry, local communities and the environment.
We are also a network of local offices spread throughout England, Scotland and Wales, each with its own ambitions and understanding of what makes their local region tick. This enables us to provide targeted insight to produce great results, no matter what the location of a scheme
Training and Development Highlights
- We offer an extensive training programme which not only aligns with the business' needs and priorities, but that of individuals too. The programme covers a broad spectrum of skill development, from business knowledge and technical support to leadership skills and personal effectiveness
- We encourage and financially support study trips, whether that be to a local site or to famous schemes across the globe, these trips inspire, inform and influence new innovative ways of working and learning
- We facilitate an annual study group workshop for Licentiates and encourage peer-to-peer mentoring
- We provide paid study leave and financial support towards professional qualifications, including the APC, in addition to paying for RTPI subscriptions
- There are volunteer learning champions in each office, their role is to coordinate technical, team and project driven training needs through bite-sized training sessions. These sessions are also designed to help fulfil RTPI CPD requirements
Find out more about Barton Willmore