Atkins is one of the world's most respected design, planning, engineering and project management consultancies. We are urban, economic and environmental planners engaged in the art and science of town and spatial planning in the UK and internationally.
"Atkins is a major force in urban planning, delivering sustainable solutions throughout the world with an established reputation for providing imaginative, practical and independent advice, taking projects of all kinds of sizes, for both public and private sector clients, from initial study to completion. A major strength is their multi-disciplinary capability which equips them to address economic, social, physical and environmental aspects of any development in a full integrated manner." RTPI Awards for Planning Excellence 2015
Atkins Planners have ensured imaginitive high-quality planning solutions and successful multidiscipline project delivery on numerous projects from a local to an international scale.
Areas of expertise
Infrastructure (water, energy and transportation)
Consenting services for project promoters including:
- Applications for consent
- Assessments including EIA, HIA, EqIA, SA, socio-economic impact assessment
- Stakeholder engagement and public consultation
- Expert witness evidence
- Consenting services for landowners, developers, businesses, regulated utilities, local and central government agencies
- Policy and evidence studies for local authorities and Local Economic Partnerships
- Technical and policy studies for masterplans
- Expert witness evidence
- Strategic planning for national and city authorities
- Mixed use masterplanning for both public and private sector clients
- Planning for industrial cities
- Integrated planning for climate change and low carbon development.
Training and Development Highlights
- Technical Excellence Plan to identify how to enhance the technical skills and capabilities of staff. It includes a framework for technical development and career progression with milestones and targets for progression.
- Technical Masterclasses. A monthly virtual technical class sharing best practice between planning, landscapr, urban design and envirnmental specialists.
- Technical Conference. An annual technical conference for UK-wide Planning, Economics and Heritage Businesses to facilitate knowledge sharing of best practice.
- Professional Development Framework for Planners to support staff from Graduate to Chartership and beyond (CPD) through a process of learning through planning and reflection. Support also includes mentorship and funding of RTPI subscriptions.
visit the website