A Town Planning Technical Support Apprenticeship is currently available. The apprenticeship is available for:
- young people and school leavers looking for their first position in town planning; and
- people working in a technical or administrative support role who are looking to advance their careers.
Download our brochure here.
Find the framework - search for town planning
The RTPI is currently working with employers to develop a Chartered Town Planner degree apprenticeship. If you are interested in employing apprentices on the new standard once it is in delivery, from September 2018, please contact us.
I'm interested in employing a technical support apprentice, what do I do next?
Read the guidance and contact one of the learning providers. They can work with you to agree timings, delivery modes and costs. They can also assist in advertising, interviewing and shortlisting candidates. Business benefits include:
- Fill skill-gaps, including specialist skills specific to planning
- Grown and mould your own experts
- Motivate your staff, energise your workplace and reduce staff turnover
- Enable technical support staff to progress on to team leaders
- Professionalise your technical support function
- choose a pathway to suit your work - Spatial Planning, Development Management and Planning Enforcement
The knowledge based level 3 BTEC is delivered by a college over 2 years either day-release delivery or block delivery. Colleges currently running the scheme are Bridgwater & Taunton College, Chichester College, Oaklands College and Moulton College
Who are our current employers?
Currently, most of our participating employers are based in the south of England.