Undergraduate bursary - RTPI Trust Bursary
The RTPI Trust Bursary is designed to promote and support diversity within, and widen access to, the planning profession. The bursary of £2,000 will recognise undergraduate student excellence among students currently studying on an accredited planning programme. There will be two categories for the RTPI Trust Bursary, both of which demonstrate there should be no barriers to studying planning. One RTPI Trust Bursary promotes widening participation and the other one supports people with disabilities. More information on the RTPI Trust can be found here.
Who is eligible for the bursary?
- Home or EU domiciled student.
- The nominated students will be enrolled in the second year or above on an accredited Undergraduate course in the UK or Ireland in 2017-18.
Accredited Planning schools may nominate 2 students for each category. Nominees must fulfil one of the criteria in either category A or category B in addition to the eligibility criteria above:
- A person with a protected characteristic under the Equality Act 2010 which is under-represented in the planning profession. For example there is not a broad ethnic mix in the planning profession and women are currently under-represented.
- Nominee applied for the course through the Widening Participation agenda or through a non-traditional admissions method and achieving good results.
- The student must have declared a Disability or a Specific Learning Difficulty (e.g. Dyslexia or Dyspraxia) to the university prior to being nominated for this Bursary.
Please note: Nominations for the Bursary will be made by the accredited Planning School and provided to the RTPI.