Planning and Recording Your CPD
The RTPI believes that one of the most useful pieces of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) you can do is to carefully prepare a Professional Development Plan (PDP). All members entering the profession are required to begin a habit of lifelong learning. Qualifying to enter a profession does not mean that you remain competent to practice for the rest of your life. All professions change, requiring all professionals to continue to learn, debate, discuss and keep up-to-date on an ongoing basis. The PDP represents the planning stage of the CPD cycle.
The RTPI provides templates to help you plan and record your CPD:
Please note that we can accept appraisals and internal reviews as part of this process - contact us for more information.
- CPD record template - this is a list of what CPD you have undertaken over the previous two-year period (50 hrs) with a reflection on what learning has taken place.
The CPD Monitoring process:
- Members are randomly selected for monitoring.
- You will receive a CPD monitoring letter from us, by post and email, advising of the deadline for submitting your records.
- Please provide the relevant CPD record and PDPs (using the above proformas where possible).
- your current Professional Development Plan
- Professional Development Plans covering the previous two years (unless your membership started during this period)
- the record of your CPD undertaken over the last two years.
- Please email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org (or send post, if preferred) by the deadline date.
- We will review the documents and will contact you as soon as possible after they have been received - either with a request for further information, or with a CPD Monitoring confirmation letter sent to your home address.
If you would like to discuss the CPD Monitoring Process or your PDP/CPD, please contact the Senior Education, Careers and Lifelong Learning Officer on 020 7929 8174.
The postal address is: RTPI, 41 Botolph Lane, London. EC3R 8DL