The SNP released it's 2015 election manifesto today. It included the following commitments:
NB: Powers over the planning system in Scotland are devolved to the Scottish Parliament.
- Will back investment in a house-building target across the UK of 100,000 affordable homes per year
- are supporting construction sector by providing £30 million of ring-fenced support for smaller developers within the Help to Buy Scotland scheme
- will invest £70 million over the next year in the Open Market Shared Equity Scheme to help first-time buyers, with low or moderate incomes, on to the property ladder
- will vote for the immediate abolition of the Bedroom Tax
- will push for promises made during the referendum are delivered and that the proposals of the Smith Commission are delivered quickly and in full
- will seek agreement that the Scottish Parliament should move to full financial responsibility
You can see a more detailed list of commitments with respect to planning and the built environment here, or go to the SNP website to see the manifesto.
Planning in the next Parliament is the RTPI's top 10 election asks, read it here.