“And I hope that we're going to make sure that every Conservative MP and every Conservative Councillor has look a these recommendations” said Conservative Party Vice Chairman and former Planning Minister Bob Neill MP at the Royal Town Planning Institute’s packed lunchtime fringe on Monday 30 September, as he welcomed the Institute’s recently published policy paper Delivering Large Scale Housing.
Kindly sponsored by Savills and Local Dialogue, our fringes at the Conservative Party (following on from the fringes at Labour and LibDem conferences) addressed the issue “Can planning deliver the homes we need in the places we want?”
Our fringes featured an impressive array of speakers including:
- Bob Neill MP, Vice Chairman of the Conservative Party and former Planning Minister
- Mark Pawsey MP, member of the influential CLG Select Committee
- Rt Hon Nick Herbert MP, former Home Office Minister
- Cllr Mike Jones, Leader of Cheshire West and Cheshire and Chair of the LGA's Housing and Environment Board
- Cllr Nick Cuff, Chairman of Wandsworth's Planning Applications Committee.
You can hear a podcast of the lunchtime fringe here.
See pictures of the events by clicking here.
Read about our fringes at the other party conferences.
Download a copy of Delivering Large Scale Housing.